Editor’s Note: Updated April 6, 2020
To practice physical distancing, real estate professionals are turning to online options like virtual tours to continue providing an important service for home sellers. REcolorado asked Colorado virtual tour vendors to share advice to keep real estate professionals, and their clients, safe while promoting their listing. Here’s what they said:
- “How to Sell at a Social Distance” – Collabra Technology, Inc.
- “Only Interested Buyers” – Grape Imaging
- “Customer Empowerment Program” – Inside Real Estate
- “A Detailed View” – Jesse Krank Matterport
- “Record a Video Open House” – ListingsMagic
- “5 Visual Content Ideas for Virtual Open Houses & Online Showings” – Mediamax
- “Delivering the Virtual Open House Experience” – Paradym
- “Maximize quality leads. Minimize physical traffic. Promote your Client’s Safety.” – Real Estate Photo Pros
- “Do the majority of your showings virtually.” – RTV
- “Set up Video Showings” – ShowingTime
- “Promote your Listings with Virtual Solutions” – Virtuance
- “Create Safe 3D Virtual Showings” – Walkthrough
Thanks to all the vendors who contributed!
“How to Sell at a Social Distance.” – Collabra Technology
The practice of selling real estate has undergone a dramatic shift: How do you show people a home if they’re not able to leave theirs?
When you can’t meet clients physically, you can still be memorable digitally —through striking images and immersive tours.
TourFactory is there to help you pivot — protecting your business while you protect your buyers and sellers.
The wealth of property details and visuals provided through the online-only PowerHouse™ package lets buyers confidently tour your seller’s home from the comfort of their own.
Try before you buy! Start building your listing >>
“Only Interested Buyers.” – Grape Imaging
You don’t want a bunch of people traipsing through the home – you really only want the most interested buyers. Hire a professional photographer, because photos are going to mean more than ever right now. Plus, you can add a 3D tour or video tour.
“Customer Empowerment Program” – Inside Real Estate
More than ever, Inside Real Estate is committed to serving as a true partner to the over 200k agents, teams and brokerages who depend on us to help them run an efficient and profitable business. To further demonstrate our commitment to our customers and the industry as a whole during these challenging times, we have launched a Customer Empowerment Program aimed at providing financial relief, virtual training and special new customer considerations for brokerages, teams, and agents across the US and Canada. The program includes:
- Financial Relief: Inside Real Estate will provide eligible customers, whose businesses have been impacted by the coronavirus pandemic, financial relief in the form of deferred payments on existing subscriptions. Click here to request more information.
- Virtual Training Summit: Inside Real Estate is hosting free, weekly, virtual training sessions for agents, teams, and brokerages focusing on real estate strategies that help them successfully navigate the impacts of coronavirus. Webinar trainings to include topics such as hosting & promoting a virtual open house, promoting your listings digitally, leveraging video marketing and more. Click here to register for the training summit and view webinar recordings.
- New Customer Considerations: Brokerages and teams looking to get started with Inside Real Estate, who are facing short term financial setbacks due to coronavirus, will be eligible for special pricing concessions and product launch considerations. Click here for more information about current pricing specials.
“A Detailed View” – Jesse Krank Matterport
Those that are buying or selling a home right now are doing so because they have to. The dangers of doing so are real, but not insurmountable. Virtual tours with detailed coverage can make the process easier and safer for all involved. Typically, Matterport tours give you a general view of the house but cover everything. Unfinished basements are lightly covered if at all, details are missed. Right now, it’s important to have as full of a view as possible. Give viewers the chance to stand here or there, and gaze out that window. Virtual tours won’t replace an actual walkthrough, but a detailed view can provide a better sense of the house and generate more serious interest. Some tips for your Matterport tour in these times:
- Use a Dollhouse view
- Get floor plans
- Use Matter tags to embed additional notes and other content
- Allow measurements
- Allow and encourage VR headsets
- Be sure your photographer wears safety gear and maintains a safe distance
Virtual Tour Plus now $132.25
• Up to 1,750 sq ft
• Dollhouse included
• Measurements included
• Floor plan included
“Record a Video Open House” – ListingsMagic
With many states implementing mandatory stay at home measures there’s a great deal of fear and concern when it comes to real estate. Buyers are still there however they want to minimize their risk. So going to see homes in person is only something they want to do if it’s a home that they believe is a good fit.
A virtual tour with just photos isn’t enough. Buyers Want Video. But how do you get that video to them? That’s where ListingsMagic’s new Video Virtual Open House tool comes in. This tool allows you to quickly and easily shoot and upload a tour for your listings. Just click a link sent to your cell phone and start recording. You can also send this directly to your sellers. Once the recording is done that video tour is now connected to your property tour which is being sent to 1000s of real estate websites including Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com and all the other IDX connected sites.
ListingsMagic is usually a subscription-only product but we are now offering a $30 per property solution during these challenging times. This is a great way to get your home seen by more buyers but also to stand out to your sellers as a take action realtor. In addition to the property virtual tour and video open house, there’s also a Social Media sharing tool to quickly get it out to all the Social Media sites, a Craigslist ad, Youtube video, brochures and rider signs and more. Sign Up >>
“5 Visual Content Ideas for Virtual Open Houses & Online Showings” – Mediamax
Mediamax services have always been a valuable part of a Colorado real estate professional’s arsenal of tools to market listings. Our visual content has become even more important with the new COVID-19 restrictions and we’ve implemented these Mediamax COVID-19 Safe Service Delivery Guidelines to ensure our team of talented photographers can continue delivering services in a manner that’s safe for our clients, home sellers, and our photographers. Here are some ideas for promoting your listings and engaging buyers without in-person contact associated with traditional open houses and showings.
- HD Photography presented within a Single Property Websites continues to be one of the most affordable ways to attract and engage home buyers.
- Virtual Showings using Matterport 3D Tours provides an immersive experience with room-to-room navigation that replicates an in-person showing.
- Walk Through Videos are about as realistic as it gets. Full motion video footage walking online buyers from the front curb and throughout the home.
- Interactive Online Floor Plans give buyers exact room sizes and visual representation of a home’s layout.
- Exterior Only ground and aerial photography & video is a great way to market your listing when photographers are unable to enter a home.
“Delivering the Virtual Open House Experience” – Paradym
Marketing is critical to a successful real estate business. Providing your buyers and sellers with an effective outlet to engage with a listing is now more important than ever. Here are ways you can still effectively work with your buyers and sellers while being respectful of the ongoing concerns associated with COVID-19.
REcolorado subscribers can sign up for unlimited VisualTour marketing – Free for 30 Days
“Maximize quality leads. Minimize physical traffic. Promote your Client’s Safety.” – Real Estate Photo Pros
Eliminate the need for high-traffic open houses with a Matterport tour. Buyers can “walk” through the property on their computer or mobile device at their own pace. Show them how the space is connected and allow them to experience the floorplan.
Reduce the number of “looky loo” clients to focus in-person showings on serious buyers only. Accomplish this through virtual showings with a custom-crafted combination of photography, virtual tour, video, and Matterport packages by Real Estate Photo Pros.
REcolorado exclusive discounts valid through May 31, 2020:
• 20% off Matterport tours. Coupon code: REColo3D
• Free Virtual Tour or $29 off Premium Virtual Tour. Coupon code: ReColoTour
• Option to pay NOTHING unless your listing sells or save 30% when you pay in advance. (Open to all real estate agents.)
“Do the majority of your showings virtually.” – RTV
RTV is here to assist you with the safe continuation of listing as selling by doing the majority of your showings virtually. Since 1999 we have offered a robust virtual tour hosting platform to professional photographers and real estate agents. In most cases, we can also put local real estate professionals in touch with a professional photographer. Our virtual tour and boost marketing system is capable of playing back full-motion video clips, still photos, and 360 panoramic photos for walkthrough virtual tours. The system is compatible with any digital camera, drone, one-shot camera, and video camera. In addition to virtual tours, our Fusion virtual tour system offers many boost marketing services such as property websites, lead capture, weekly seller’s reports, social media videos and more. Below are some examples of the technology.
- Property Website Examples: Anvil, Centauri, Tyche
- Virtual Tour Examples:
In addition to a virtual tour system, we also offer a DIY virtual staging platform that you might like to try. There will be no setup fee for this as well. Accounts for the DIY stager can be set up online using Chrome or Safari as a browser.
Those interested may set up an account with RTV. During these unprecedented times we will be waiving our $99 setup fee to all REcolorado Members. Unlimited virtual tours and property websites are created after a short one-on-one training and applying a $29.95 monthly fee.
“Set up Video Showings” – ShowingTime
While in-person showings are off the table in markets where a “stay at home” order is in place, there is a growing trend in many MLSs where agents set up their listings to accept video showings using FaceTime, Zoom, GoToMeeting, JoinMe or other similar tools in tandem with ShowingTime products and services. These showings still require appointments, confirmations, feedback, etc., and listing agents still have the option to decline requests. They can contact the buyer’s agent to make plans for a later date. If they disable ShowingTime altogether, though, they lose the opportunity to build a list of interested buyers to communicate with later.
We know how important it is for agents to keep their clients engaged, especially under the current circumstances. To help, we put together a dedicated page on our website with short videos that describe how to set up and use live streaming services in tandem with ShowingTime:
“Promote your listings online with HDReal® images and virtual solutions” – Virtuance
For a decade now, Virtuance Real Estate Photography has been the go-to visual marketing solution for real estate professionals in Colorado and beyond. Virtuance understands that Realtors need the right tools to promote their listings online, especially now. As Virtuance continues to adapt to this “new normal”, we strive to help our clients stay active and relevant with pristine real estate images, 3D tours, single listing websites and more.
Here are Virtuance’s top visual marketing ideas to help you market your listing virtually:
- Promote your listing with HDReal® images on a single listing website.
- Add 360° HDReal® Panoramas for a virtual in-room feel.
- Create a completely immersive buyer experience with a Matterport 3D Tour.
- Give buyers a lay of the land with an interactive floor plan.
- Enhance your listing with a twilight photography shoot.
- Showcase the neighborhood with HDReal® Stock Images.
- Take buyers to the skies with HDReal® Aerial Images & Videos.
With Virtuance, real estate professionals can expect easy online scheduling, high-quality real estate images, and next day delivery. Our world-class staff of engineers, photographers, and imaging specialists continue breaking new ground in the world of real estate marketing by designing and releasing revolutionary products and services designed to empower our clients to be the best real estate marketing professionals they can be.
HDReal® Image Packages start at $99
Matterport 3D Tours start at $149
360° HDReal® Panoramas $10/image
Schedule a shoot today: https://www.virtuance.com/packages/
“Create Safe 3D Virtual Showings” – Walkthrough
I don’t think any of us could have anticipated how the last couple weeks have gone, and it seems we’re all still trying to adjust in some way. Walkthrough is here to support you in any way we can. Our #1 priority right now is the safety of our photographers and our clients. That is why we have developed a set of safe practices for everyone to follow during a photoshoot and/or 3D Tour scan.
Walkthrough has been the most affordable Matterport 3D provider across the Front Range since 2016. We have our entire fleet equipped with the Matterport, a 3D camera that allows us to create a high-resolution virtual tour of any sized property. The camera also measures the space, so floor plans can be delivered within 24 hours of 3D tour delivery.
- 3D Matterport Tours- The leading technology in virtual tours, provide viewers with an immersive experience from their home.
- Affordable Pricing – Matterport 3D tours starting at $149 (up to 5000 sqft), or bundle with photography and floor plan
- 24 Hour Online Scheduling – Skip the phone tag and schedule your shoot whenever you want
- Next Day Delivery Guaranteed – A streamlined process ideal for you and your client
Learn more about Walkthrough >>
If this is your first time using us, you can get a Matterport 3D Tour for only $139. Promo Code: RECOLORADO