In a recent update from Colorado Governor Jared Polis, in-person open houses are now permitted as long as they follow current indoor event requirements, including:
- Occupancy limits and Social Distancing Space Calculator
- Required face coverings
- High levels of sanitation and cleaning
- Minimize the use of restroom facilities
- Minimize or eliminate mixing of people, such as using directional signs and one-way traffic flow
- OSHA Ventilation requirements
- Maintain a detailed log of visitors to help with contact tracing
- Find more details beginning on page 6 of the Eighth amended Public Health Order.
CAR General Counsel Scott Peterson provides a useful summary in his video on July 1, 2020. Watch here >>
Brokers now have the ability to schedule both in-person and live-stream virtual open houses in REcolorado Matrix. Learn more about your Open House Options >>
Before you host an in-person open house, please talk with your clients about their comfort level with the options available. Your managing broker and local REALTOR® association can provide further guidance.