We’ve customized Matrix to meet the needs of real estate professionals across Colorado. In fact, customization is one of the many benefits of Matrix. We’ve spent a lot of time enhancing HOA details because we know it’s an important piece of information for prospective buyers. Take note of these recent enhancements.
NEW! 2nd and 3rd HOA information Now Available in Client Portal
The full property view in the Client Portal now includes information for a 2nd HOA, as well as a 3rd HOA if the information is available. The information also includes the Total Annual HOA fees, which could be an important component of your client’s overall budget.
NEW! HOA Annual Totals Automatically Calculated
Based on your feedback, annual total amounts are now automatically calculated for the Master, 2nd, and 3rd HOAs, as well as the annual total of fees across all HOAs indicated on that listing. This means if you have a client who has an annual budget for HOA fees, it’s now easier and faster for you to find properties that match that budget.
Annual totals are automatically calculated when you add or update fee information on a listing. You don’t need to edit your existing listings to include data in these new fields, because we’ve already done it!
The annual total fees are visible on the Full Displays, are available as additional search criteria, and can be added to single line displays. The fields have also been added to the Full Export, Presentation Export, and Appraiser Export templates. Look for the following fields:
- Master HOA Annual Fees
- 2nd HOA Annual Fees
- 3rd HOA Annual Fees
- Total Annual HOA Fees
When you search for HOA information using the HOA Annual fields, you can enter an exact amount or a range. Additionally, you can enter ‘+’ or ‘-‘ after a specific number to search for HOA annual fees that are less than or greater than that number (i.e. ‘4000-‘ means less than $4,000).
NOTE: If “Fee Quoted” is set to “Included in Property Tax,” the HOA fees will not be included in any of the total fields.
Listing Input: Community Tab Updates
On the Community tab of listing input for all property types, various updates have been made for HOA-related fields. These changes have been made based on your feedback, as well as input from DORA (Department of Regulatory Agencies) regarding fees that could be charged as part of the property sale.
- NEW! The HOA Restrictions and Covenants sections on all listing input forms now include Permanently Affordable Housing and Lease Restriction options.
- The blue section-header label has been changed to “HOA/Management Company/Metro District Information” to better indicate the information that should be entered in this section.
- HOA Transfer Based On has been removed from the “Additional HOA Information” section in listing input. However, even though it has been removed as a field for any new listings you input in the MLS, you can still include it in your criteria when you search properties in the MLS.
- “Private Transfer Amount ($ or %)” and “Status Letter Amount ($ or %)” have been added to the “Additional HOA Information” section. NOTE: Information entered in these fields must include either a $ or % sign to indicate if the amount is a flat fee or a percentage.
- Private Transfer Fee, as well as Status Letter Fee are available as addable search fields for all property types.
- Status Letter Fee and Private Transfer Fee are now available on full displays, and they can be added to single line displays.
- Status Letter Fee and Private Transfer Fee and are included on the “Full” and “All Field” exports for all property types in Matrix, and they can also be added to custom exports.