Editor’s Note: Post Updated 11/20/20
Colorado brokers continue to face challenges during the coronavirus pandemic, from working remotely to safely showing homes. With new restrictions coming to many counties across Colorado this fall and winter, it’s important to operate your business in compliance with the latest updates and safety measures to keep you, your family, and your clients safe.
In many counties, in-person open houses are prohibited. In the spirit of preserving real estate as an essential business, please be mindful of local guidelines and do not conduct an open house if they are prohibited in the county.
REcolorado continues to monitor updates from the governor’s office to make timely decisions and provide you with up-to-date information. Below, you’ll find many resources from REcolorado, our partners, and REALTOR® associations throughout the state.
Health and Safety
- Brokers should follow local orders for safety and physical distancing. Contact your managing broker or the Colorado Association of REALTORS®, Denver Metro Association of REALTORS®, or South Metro Association of REALTORS® for advice about current guidance in specific locations.
- View the COVID-19 dial and know the capacity restrictions at each level
- Review the National Association of REALTORS® guide Coronavirus: A Guide for REALTORS®
- Stay up to date on information from the CDC and the World Health Organization
- Take preventative measures like hand washing, wearing a face mask, and social distancing
Online Marketing: Virtual Tours and Showings
Brokers should follow local orders for safety and physical distancing. We recommend contacting your managing broker or the Colorado Association of REALTORS® for advice on what activities are permitted in specific locations. REcolorado continues to make online marketing tools available for you:
- 8 strategies to promote your listings online from a safe distance
- REcolorado Matrix now includes new Virtual Open House fields
- Understand the difference between a Virtual Open House and a Virtual Tour
- Virtual tour vendors offer advice and services for Colorado brokers to help you and your clients stay safe
- Reverse Prospecting lets you proactively find interested buyers
- Learn about Open House Options to serve your clients
- When your client wants no showings, here’s what to do
Training and Support
- We may be working from home, but our team is still here for you! REcolorado is offering many online options to keep you connected and safe.
- While you’re working remotely, keep your skills fresh with many new Training webinars and recorded classes now available in the REcolorado Learning Center.
- View market stats updates on REcolorado.com so you can understand the current market conditions and share accurate information with your clients
- REcolorado will maintain Days in MLS for accurate data used in market stats, analysis, and systems and tools
- Customize the widgets on your REcolorado Matrix home tab to get an instant market update
See the latest COVID-19 updates, news, and resources from:
- National Association of REALTORS®
- Colorado Association of REALTORS®
- DORA Division of Real Estate Guidance
- Denver Metro Association of REALTORS®
- Mountain Metro Association of REALTORS®
- South Metro Denver REALTOR® Association
- Steamboat Springs Board of REALTORS®
As always, our Customer Care team is here for you. If you have any questions, please contact us at support@REcolorado.com