The real estate market is ever-changing. Technology evolves. New generations of homebuyers emerge. Take simple steps to make sure your education remains a priority so you can stay ahead of the game.
1. Join a local REALTOR® association. It’s a great way to network and exchange ideas with like-minded people who’re also interested in taking their education to the next level.
2. Join an industry trade group. For example, Women’s Council of REALTORS® is a group dedicated to advancing women as professionals and leaders in business, the industry, and the community. If you’re interested, visit www.WCR.org for more information on your local chapter.
3. Find a mentor. If you’re new to real estate, do some networking and find someone who has been at it a while. Many veteran agents are happy to provide dos, don’ts, tips and tricks. And it doesn’t just work one way. Often, the newbie agent teaches the veteran agent a few things along the way, too.
4. Budget time for some light reading. To do your job well, you’ll need to know the market. Keep up with your local news outlets or sign up for Google Alerts. Additionally, subscribe to a few national industry publications (Inman and RISMedia are good places to start).
5. Learn the ins and outs of your MLS. REcolorado offers training classes and videos so be sure to take and watch as many as you can. (Visit the REcolorado Learning Center here.) It’s important to understand how to access and use the tools available to you.